Newcomers Information

If you are moving to Peach County from elsewhere, or moving from one area of the county to another, there are details that need to be taken care of, such as water, garbage service and recycling, electricity and gas, telephone, Internet connections, television and newspaper. From finding housing to arranging for high speed internet to finding out where your children will go to school ... the lists go on. Start here when planning your move.


You've decided on a house, now you need information on the neighborhood you've decided to move to:

For information about schools contact:
» Peach County Board of Education: 478-825-5933.

To find out what commissioner's district you are in, call the Courthouse at 478-825-2535.

Water and Sewerage Services

Peach County does not provide water service. Water is provided by several agencies. Call 478-825-2535 to find out which agency will provide your water. The agencies and their phone numbers are:

» City of Byron: 478-956-3600
» Fort Valley Utility Commission: 478-825-7701

Garbage and Recycling

Peach County provides garbage and recycling services through private contractors. To arrange for service, call 478-825-2535. For recycling information, please call 478-825-2535.

» Fort Valley Utility Commission: 478-825-7701
» City of Byron: 478-956-3600

Electricity and Gas

For electric service:

» Fort Valley Utility Commission: 478-825-7701
» City of Byron: 478-956-3600
» Georgia Power: 888-660-5890 (option 8)
» Flint Energies: 800-342-3616

For natural gas service

» Fort Valley Utility Commission: 478-825-7701
» City of Byron: 478-956-3600

Phone, Television and Internet

Residents have several options for these services.

Fort Valley:
» AT&T telephone and DSL Internet: 800-626-9149
» ComSouth Cable TV, cable TV and cable Internet: 478-825-3626
» Fort Valley Utility Commission, wireless cable: 478-825-7701
» DirecTV Dealer, satellite TV

» Cox Cable, cable TV and high speed internet: 478-953-8112
» DirecTV Dealer, satellite TV

Weekly Newspapers

The Leader-Tribune
109 Anderson Avenue, Fort Valley, Ga. 31030
478- 825-2432

Daily Newspapers

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution: 404-526-7988
The Macon Telegraph: 800-679-6397

Radio Stations

WJTG Joy 91.3 FM, Gospel Music
WLVN 97.1 FM, Religious (Low Power)
WIBB 97.9 FM, Hip Hop and R&B
WXKO 1150AM, Sports Talk
WQBZ 106.3 FM, Classic Rock

TV Stations

WGXA TV 24 & 16 (FOX & ABC)
WPGA TV 58 (Independent)

Health Clinics

» Peach County Health Department
406 East Church Street
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
Phone: 478-825-6939
Byron Clinic (Tuesday-Friday)
Phone: 478-956-7679


» Peach Regional Medical Center
601 Blue Bird Boulevard
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4599
Telephone: 478-825-8691

Drivers Licenses and Tags

To register a vehicle or buy a tag, visit the Peach County Tax Commissioner's Office:
County Courthouse
213 Persons Street 
Fort Valley, Ga. 31030
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Phone: 478-825-3161

For driver's licenses, visit the DDS office at:
» Georgia Department of Driver Services
198 Carl Vinson Pkwy.
Warner Robins, Ga. 31088
9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday

You may obtain boat registration applications from any Wildlife Resources Division office or from most boat dealers, hardware stores, sporting goods stores or marinas. You may also register by mail. Boat trailers are registered at the county tag office

Visit the Georgia Wildlife DNR website for more information


Peach County, Byron and Fort Valley offer a variety of homes and apartments.  

Alzheimer Support

Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists Peach County families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Through our free search tool and database of Alzheimer’s care facilities, families in need of care for loved ones can locate licensed care homes and communities in the Peach County area that are best equipped to provide care. Visit